So I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year – and hope you all did too? It was pretty busy with seeing family and friends, trying to keep fit, and the compulsory sales shopping!! I did find time to complete the third module in the Consultative Engagement Management (CEM) series, and like the others, it was very interesting and informative. Again, by some luck, I managed to pass all three tests, so now have a certificate for passing the entire CEM course!
So my highlights from each module:
3a) Collaborate on Recommendations and Actions:
- Start with Divergent thinking, then move to Convergent
- Under NO circumstances skip the collaborative, idea creation process
- Recommendations should be SMART – Specific, Measurable, Agreed upon, Realistic, Time bound
3b) Preview and Communicate:
- Build strong coalitions with key stakeholders in advance of your final presentation – it builds greater commitment and faster time to act
- Design for interaction in your final presentation – 80% conversation, 20% presentation
- Listen for non verbal clues or silences
3c) Follow Through and Support Implementation:
- Initiating Action – your project sponsor should know be in a position to make an announcement, committing the organisation to the action plan
- Transitional Governance Plan – project responsibilities are officially handed-over to governance team; track 90-day progress
- Action Assist – MDI team members can leverage their prior expertise & internal network to help action owners maintain momentum.
Remember you can find out other updates by following me on Twitter @RSwindell. I am now going to try and complete some of the other modules in the MDI university portal. We should also have our project teams confirmed soon for the MLDP course, so I will hopefully have some exciting news in my next blog in two weeks time.
In other news this week…..the article in Essentials magazine that I did a photo shoot for finally came out – here are a few pics.
Also, I am about to have my first Weight Watchers weigh in after Christmas… I don’t think it is going to be good, but at least with a wedding dress to fit into in 6 and a half months time, I have a good reason to get back on the band wagon!
Finally… for anyone wondering… the cat is fine, his head cone has been removed and he is back outside causing trouble as we speak!