So…. it has been two weeks since my last blog… and I KNOW I promised to blog from Connect in Orlando, but I was just so busy that before I knew it I was on the plane heading home to Blighty.
WHAT AN AMAZING WEEK!! Sorry to yell, but it really was one of the best weeks of my working life so far. I learnt so so so much, and worked with the most talented bunch of people, made lots of new friends, and really feel like I have joined a new family of socially savvy social business specialists!
So here’s a brief overview of what I was doing:
- Being in the Social Lounge – and helping customers, IBMers and BPs “Get Social”
- Tweeting from the IBM Connect handle, mainly at the OGS, keynotes, Social Buzz Chats & CGS
- Attended Social Buzz chats that were given by a range of Social experts, my favourites being “Does Klout Count?” (watch the video here) and an excellent talk from Social influencer Pam Moore
- Being a coordinator for the Lego Challenge – an ice breaking game on the first night where teams had to build the highest tower of Lego they could in 5 minutes
- Attended a tweetup where I got to meet some of my all time favourite tweeters! (see pics below)
- Updating the Lego leader board for the Connect Game
- Participating in the Connect Game – all customers & BPs were divided into teams based on their surname, they could earn points by being “Social” – tweeting, retweeting, posting photos on Instagram, attending a book signing etc. Prizes were awarded for individuals at the end of each day & an overall team prize at the end of the conference – won by the blue team!!
- I also got to meet the amazing Jay Baer, who was the host of IBM Connect and did an awesome job keeping the crowds engaged & enthused during the keynote sessions
If you would like to watch videos from the event, then here is the YouTube playlist
I highly recommend you follow some of the gurus I worked with during the week, I suggest following the following(!):
Colleen Burns (the best Team Social leader in the world!) – @colleeni
Pam Moore (owner of Marketing Nutz & Forbes Top 10 Social Media Influencer & true inspiration to me) – @pammktgnut
Delaney Turner (expert blogger – see example here!) -@DTurnerblogs
Jay Baer (author of the best selling book “Youtility”) – @jaybaer
Andrew Grill (ex CEO of Kred & now working at IBM, expert in all things Social & fantastic blogs at http://londoncalling.co/) – @andrewgrill
Friso Van Den Berg (a great new friend, Head of ICT at the Salvation Army, IBM Champion & bearer of amazing waffles) – @frisovandenberg
In other news….
Rather than random other news, here are my favourite pictures from the event. You can catch all tweets by searching #IBMConnect. Remember you can follow me @RSwindell
Thanks for reading, until next time 🙂